Policy and business leaders are urgently trying to understand how digital technologies are changing Europe’s economy. How can digitalisation be turned into an opportunity for businesses and entrepreneurs? What cutting-edge research currently exists? And critically, how can researchers, businesses and policymakers collaborate to set Europe’s Digital Economy on the right course?
On 21st and 22nd March 2016, the Research Summit brought together leading researchers, policy professionals and businesses with an interest in cutting-edge evidence, big data methods, entrepreneurship, innovation and economic growth.
Around 100 delegates had the unique opportunity to hear from leading thinkers about the key trends affecting Europe’s digital economy, explore new datasets and big data methods to analyse the digital economy in real-time, hear from funders about upcoming research priorities, network with businesses to explore partnerships that generate actionable evidence, and meet researchers from across Europe to forge new collaborations.
Influential experts included:
- Robin Chase, Founder of Zipcar and Veniam
- Dane Stangler, Vice President of Research and Policy at Kauffman Foundation
- Enrico Giovannini, member of the Club of Rome
- Nicklas Lundblad, Head of EMEA Public Policy and Government Relations at Google
- Claire Tansley, EPSRC Senior Portfolio Manager at RCUK
- Irene Lopez de Vallejo, Director R&D at Digital Catapult
- Diane Coyle, Professor of Economics at University of Manchester
- Ivo Spigel, Co-Founder and Contributing Editor at tech.eu
- Viktor Mayer-Schönberger, Professor of Internet Governance and Regulation at Oxford Internet Institute
Twitter and hashtag@ReadieEU